Thursday, February 4, 2010

Starting over

I have a wonderful friend whom I have known for over 25 years that has encouraged me to start blogging again. So, here it goes.
As everyone knows, I am pregnant again. I am now halfway through the pregnancy, and so far it has been identical to all of my other ones. I am very blessed to have relatively easy pregnancies, so I really can't complain. I can't but I do, and it drives my poor husband crazy. I gripe almost every night about how bloated and uncomfortable I am. Plus, I've gained close to 30 pounds, and I still have four months to go!
I started homeschooling my daughters in September, only to find out a few weeks later, that I was pregnant. It has been a challenge to be pregnant and school my girls, but they are doing so well. They love being able to get all of their work done in the morning, and then have the rest of the day free. They also go to classes on Wednesdays at a charter school and then to an arts and crafts class on Friday mornings. Emily got a keyboard for her birthday and just started piano lessons this week. She is so excited about learning music. Grace is our athletic girl, so she will be starting gymnastics next week--she can't wait!
Mark will be six in July and will start homeschooling at the end of August. He is a fast learner, so I know he will do well. Right now, his favorite things to do are playing computer games (especially Mario Bros.), hanging out with daddy, and playing freeze tag.
Micah is still our little charmer, even during the "terrible 3's". His blanket is in shreds but he still carries it around and sucks his thumb when he's upset or tired. He loves playing outside any chance he can get and begs me to "snuggle up" under a big warm blanket on the couch when we watch tv.
Samuel is such a boy. He loves eating and playing nonstop. He is great at plowing into people and head butting me. We are going to put him in football as soon as he's old enough. He can be so sweet and loving, too. He gives the best bear hugs!
Well, that's our update, after over a year of not posting. I will try to update more about the kids and also my cooking, as I love sharing recipes with everyone.

1 comment:

cyndie said...

yay! so glad to see you blogging again! :) its such a fun way to stay connected. :) and i am excited about your recipes too! :)